the grind of the blog

     This week's chapter one of the topics discussed was marketing with blogging. The book mentioned that one of the cons of blogging is the time commitment. I was relieved when I read that. I am glad that I am not the only one who struggles with the time it takes to write blogs. 

    The most time-consuming part of the blog is the thought process and editing the blog. The problem with writing a blog every week is you run out of relevant content to write about at some point. Numerous times I have sat at my computer with a blank document trying to start a blog. 

    The editing process of these blogs is also a huge time commitment. Since the website that we use does a poor job of editing I put it in google docs to edit. This takes more time because the website also does not allow you to copy and paste your work to the blog site. This has become very frustrating over weeks of time. Thankfully we are almost done writing blogs. 

Comments

  1. I agree that this blog does become a time commitment. If you do not manage your time well with writing these blogs, then it will become a huge commitment. I find the editing to be one of the longest parts of the blog writing process due to AP Style. Every time I finish a blog, I spend a good bit of time making sure my blog follows all of the AP Style rules.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts